Sunday, July 15, 2012

A week of trials and glory. Bringing honor and pride. I'm on cloud nine!

The events of this week will be something that I will remember for the rest of my life. This week, I competed in two competitions outside the university


The first competition was the PHILTOA (Philippine Tour Operators Association) Quiz Bee that was held last Wednesday. Me and two others represented the university for the competition. We competed individually. We all made it past the elimination round into the semi-finals. Unfortunately, our efforts came up short as none of us were able to make it to the Top 10 to advance to the finals which will be held next month.


The second competition was the ITTE (International Tourism and Trade Expo) Quiz Bee that was held yesterday. We were still together in this competition. This time, it was a group competition. This time, we were able to redeem ourselves and we came out as CHAMPIONS!


Photo ©Kriskyn Cabrera

This week has been a great experience for me, this is something where I have everything to gain and nothing to lose. It has been a great honor to represent the school in these competitions and bring glory to our university. I'm sure this is the beginning of greater things to come in the future. I am so happy we were able to achieve a lot of things with only a short time to prepare for the competitions. It was only last week when we were called to compete in these competitions. Now its back to the regular grind of schoolwork. This experience will make me more inspired to do better in the different subjects in school.

So once again, I like to thank my teammates Ate Kriskyn Cabrera and Ate Marian Buenaventura. It has been a great honor and privilege to be your teammates in these competitions.

I also would like to thank our coaches Ma'am Jane Devanadera, Ma'am Joreen Rocamora, Ma'am Connie Ang and Ma'am Amy Turaray as well as the other faculty members for the support and guidance throughout the week.

We would also like to thank our families, our classmates, our friends, our batchmates and the entire CTHM and Thomasian community for all the support and prayers. We could not have made it this far without all the love and support you have given us.

And of course we like to thank God for all of this is not possible without your love and blessings that you have given to all of mankind.

ONE FOR UST! VIVA SANTO TOMAS!
ONE HRM, ONE TRM, PROUD TO BE AT CTHM!
I'm on CLOUD NINE!
K-Smoove

No comments:

Post a Comment

You are always welcome and free to comment on our posts whether it is positive or negative.

However, I may delete your comments if these are unwelcoming and detrimental not only to me, but to other people who visit this blog.

Thank you,
K-Smoove