Tuesday, August 21, 2012

Goodbye Multiply as a social networking site. Why good leaders go early?


Photo ©Karl Carandang

The day was February 15, 2006, it was a couple of days before I finished my elementary education and heading into high school. When I stumbled upon a site named Multiply which allowed users to build a webpage of their own, and well it all began from there.

Before there was Facebook, Twitter & Tumblr, there was Multiply was one social networking site where it allowed users to share their photos, blogs, videos and all other things while giving users an opportunity to customize their own sites.

For three years, majority of which was during my days in high school at Claret. I ran the site with great honor and dignity. I shared my stories even if sometimes it could be "absurd" as the title of my page says "Where ABSURD thoughts come to LIFE". It also gave me an opportunity to use and practice my HTML and CSS skills as I was able to give my site a custom look.

At one point, Multiply was king in social networking here in the Philippines and a lot of my friends used the social networking site aside from Friendster which was back then the king of social networking.

Unfortunately, I had to put the site in inactivity as the "Facebook revolution" in the Philippines had begun and the audience share for my posts on Multiply site was dropping.

Three years later, I just browsed the site to relieve some great memories of my site. Multiply has now become a e-commerce site, and then I read the news that on December 1, the site's social networking feature was shutting down for good while focusing more on their flourishing e-commerce business.

Personally, I was saddened by this development, I had a lot of great memories running a Multiply page. From every good and bad thing that happened from running the site, it was all worth it. So for now I'll wait for the time when the option to retrieve my photos, blogs, videos and all other things out of my page before they clear everything this December.

Like the saying goes "All good things must come to an end." and I'm sure running a Multiply site was a pretty good ride and one of the best moments in my life.

I am also writing this blog in honor to the late Secretary of Interior and Local Government Hon. Jesse M. Robredo. He is one man in the cabinet of President Noynoy Aquino with whom I have a lot of respect for he was one man who proved to everyone that good governance is possible and can be achieved. He was an inspiration not only to the Bicolanos, not only to all Filipinos, but also the entire world.

Sec. Robredo passed away last August 18 after his chartered plane carrying him, his aide and the 2 pilots crashed off the coast of Masbate City on a afternoon flight from Cebu City to the secretary's home town of Naga City. His body was found this morning after almost 3 days underwater. His aide survived the crash.

Salamat Sec. Robredo.
Thank You Multiply.
K-Smoove 

No comments:

Post a Comment

You are always welcome and free to comment on our posts whether it is positive or negative.

However, I may delete your comments if these are unwelcoming and detrimental not only to me, but to other people who visit this blog.

Thank you,
K-Smoove