Monday, April 15, 2013

Smacked in the middle of my favorite month of the year.

Well, it's the 15th of April. We're right in the middle of my favorite month of the year and the weather just keeps getting hotter with each day that pass by which means we're right in the middle of the summer vacation. Well, I've been into a lot of places along the way from places within the Metro like Makati and SM North EDSA to hang out with the family, and to places outside of it like Batangas and Los Baños to grab some fresh air and relax. I also got my salary for the sideline job I did at the start of the month, and I'm happy I got more than what we bargained for in this job as I'm saving up for the upcoming NBA preseason game between my favorite team the Houston Rockets and the Indiana Pacers here in the Philippines this October 10 at the Mall of Asia Arena. I've been waiting to see the Rockets play a game since I became a member of Red Nation in 2002 when Yao Ming came to Houston. This is a chance to see them play without having to leave the country and go to Texas to watch a Rockets home game (I'll still be aiming for it soon.) To see guys like James Harden, Jeremy Lin, Chandler Parsons and Omer Asik to name some will be worth all the marbles.


Photo ©NBA Philippines

Speaking of the NBA, watch out for my regular season ending blog coming up on the final day of the 2012-13 NBA regular season this Thursday as we also prepare you for the upcoming 2013 NBA Playoffs. We know that the 8 playoff teams out East are complete with the defending champions Heat, together with the Knicks, Pacers, Nets, Hawks, Bulls, Celtics & Bucks. While the Lakers and Jazz are fighting for the last spot out West to join the Thunder, Spurs, Nuggets, Clippers, Grizzlies, Rockets & Warriors in the 2013 NBA Playoffs. Yes! My team, the Rockets are back in the Playoffs since 2009. I hope they'll have a nice playoff run especially these are still young guns.

Also, I got to watch WrestleMania 29 on television. Unlike last year at WrestleMania XXVIII, where there was a free screening at TriNoma in Quezon City on the day itself. We had to settle for the delayed telecast on Studio 23.

Photo ©WWE

Well as more of a member of Cenation than Team Bring It. I was happy that John Cena defeated The Rock in their rematch for Rock's WWE Championship where we saw a ton of finishers from the Rock Bottom (Cena himself pulled off one of his own), the Attitude Adjustment, The People's Elbow, the STF, the Sharpshooter. Though Cena would suffer from the wrath of Ryback on the Raw afterwards. Also Triple H saved his career by defeating Brock Lesnar in a No Holds Barred match. While The Undertaker goes 21-0 at WrestleMania after beating CM Punk. Alberto del Rio retaining the World Heavyweight Championship against Jack Swagger (Del Rio would lose it to Dolph Ziggler who cashed in his Money in the Bank briefcase on Raw). Fandango shocking the world by beating Chris Jericho and leaving fans crazy on his theme song. Team Hell No retaining their Tag Team titles against Ziggler and Big E Langston as the crowd chanted "Yes! Yes! Yes!" on their victory. Mark Henry beating Ryback, but Ryback had the last laugh. As well The Shield beating Sheamus, Randy Orton and The Big Show, afterwards Show turned against Orton and Sheamus knocking them both out.

Yes, we're halfway into my favorite month of the year, and we're closing in on my favorite day of the year where I'll grow old a bit more. I still don't have any plans for that day. But I'll figure something out soon. As I write some more with the planner I have as well as adding songs to my music playlist, look for our camera which has been lost for more than a month right now, write when our internet connection just came back, looking back at some of the great memories of a lifetime, saying you miss a ton of people along the way, and look for someone to play basketball with. Let us be remind ourselves to savor each moment that comes into our lives.

On one final note which has been long overdue. Once again, Congratulations to the CTHM Batch 2013 on their graduation last April 4, especially to my very talented and very smart quiz bee teammates Ate Marian Buenaventura who finished Magna Cum Laude and Ate Kriskyn Cabrera who finished Summa Cum Laude and the best student of the batch. I'll miss you a ton as teammates but you both will leave a legacy which I will continue together with the team we'll form next school year.

Taking life, one day at a time.
K-Smoove

No comments:

Post a Comment

You are always welcome and free to comment on our posts whether it is positive or negative.

However, I may delete your comments if these are unwelcoming and detrimental not only to me, but to other people who visit this blog.

Thank you,
K-Smoove