Tuesday, October 20, 2015

Got my life in check. A tearful adieu.

It's been four months since I wrote something on the though ladder. The last time I wrote here, the NBA season had ended and the Golden State Warriors defeated the Cleveland Cavaliers for their first NBA title in forty years. Thus, another year in which my team the Houston Rockets fell short of the goal. Afterwards, I came into a decision to get myself in check about where I would go with my own life.

During that period, I went on a Twitter hiatus and a semi-hiatus on Facebook and Instagram. I tried to find something I can do to work for a living. It took me an extra five weeks from the time I went on hiatus to find that call in life. Then on the last week of July, I finally found it. It had been 16 months since the time I finished my college education to finally find something to look forward to. I finally got off the dreaded unemployment line. It was a scene of euphoria that came through me during that time. Because, I accomplished my goal to get myself in check and get going.

I found my reason to wake up every single morning and give out my small yet humble share to society. It was also an opportunity to meet new people from my colleagues to the clients we encounter on a daily basis. A chance to learn something new with every single day I get into the office and hone my craft. I found a place where I can make a living and start saving for the future. The best part about the new opportunity is that I didn't need to go far from home to get to the work place. Along the way, I gained experience. Good and bad. I grew up even in the smallest of ways with every single task that was given. I formed bonds with my colleagues, where every single one is a part of the family. It was something I looked forward every single day I head out from home.

Unfortunately, it didn't last long. I had to make one of the most difficult decisions in my life. It was time for me to go. It was a moment that completely broke my heart. I did my very best to try and make things work. However, certain circumstances and situations led me into that fateful decision. It was all for the best. On the last day of the pursuit, there was still signs of heartbreak, but there was also the sense of relief that a huge weight has been lifted on my shoulders.

It was not the storybook ending I tried working hard for. But I will always be thankful for the company of the family I got to be with for the journey. Thankful for the experience I gained along the way. All of the simple joys and tough stretches of life at the office.

So a pursuit has come to an end. Another pursuit will soon begin. It will be a daunting challenge to try and get myself going again. Yet, I’m taking everything in a positive life and a step at a time. I'll always keep the faith and some day, just like the first time. It will fall into place.

No comments:

Post a Comment

You are always welcome and free to comment on our posts whether it is positive or negative.

However, I may delete your comments if these are unwelcoming and detrimental not only to me, but to other people who visit this blog.

Thank you,
K-Smoove