Sunday, October 21, 2012

The toughest one yet. Aiming for a comeback.

Yesterday, the "mad scramble" rolled along as thousands of Thomasian students took to their computer sets to check on their grades for the 1st semester of AY 2012-13 on the myUSTe Portal. Some students stayed up well into the night of Friday until the early hours of yesterday to check on the grades. For the next 12 or so hours, there were no updates of the grades. At around 1:00 pm, the first round of students were able to check on their grades. Unlike the previous semester, where access was relatively smooth. It was a mixed theme this semester, for some people were able to access quicker than others. Some had to wait for a long time before they get their chance on the site. Generally, my friends had positive outlooks on their grades. Some excelled, while others were happy they made it through. However, there were some who had a difficult time in dealing with their grades.

As for me, well it was a case of "Thank God! I survived!". Well because, I did not return to the Dean's List for a second consecutive semester and this was the lowest semestral average I got in my last five semesters in UST. Yet despite those setbacks, I never failed any subject thus I keep my status as a regular student
. I have not tasted a grade of 3.0 (on-the-nose passed) so far in any of the subjects I have taken, and I'm still in the running to graduate with honors. 

I admit, this semester was the toughest one so far in my España journey
. Because it came to a point where I almost failed a couple of subjects, and the fact that the semester tested me both on and off the classroom. A notable happening was when I played the role of a "Devil's Adovcate" in the conceptualization of our event for one of our subjects where I got into arguments with my blockmates and to points during the whole process that tested each and every one of us to the limit. Yet despite these things that happened, it ended successfully and we were all given high marks for it. A thing about this semester is that I excelled in some subjects more than others. These things happened because of my own decisions and work. I gave my heart and mind into everything that happened this semester. These were the best things that I can do and there is nothing I can do to turn it back again.

Five semesters down, three more to go. We're coming to the conclusion of our own España journey. All I need to do now is to get enrolled for the next semester and as soon as I get back to continue my journey at the university, I'm going to aim for a BIG COMEBACK!
Next semester for sure will be a challenge for each and every one of us, I'll be coming in smarter to get back stronger. But that is easier said than done. It's on me to make it all happen. I'm hungry and more determined than ever to come back smarter and stronger.

In the meantime, I can now sleep at peace for the rest of our semestral break and enjoy life free from tons of school work and the hassles of waking up early to get to school.


Once again CONGRATULATIONS
to those who excelled at the same time to those who are happy they made it through the struggles of school life.

A pat to the back to those who were not so fortunate with the results.
Keep the faith and come back next time stronger!


#thecomeback

K-Smoove

No comments:

Post a Comment

You are always welcome and free to comment on our posts whether it is positive or negative.

However, I may delete your comments if these are unwelcoming and detrimental not only to me, but to other people who visit this blog.

Thank you,
K-Smoove