Friday, January 18, 2013

Brand new year, life rolls on.

A new year has come upon us, as we are still fresh from the coming of the year 2013, aside from writing my weekly NBA blog on this blog entry, I have not written a blog entry outside of the NBA since the start of the year. So this is my first life story blog entry of the year. It has been long overdue, since I could not buy time to write a blog entry, especially with the busy schedule that I had in the past few weeks. Now that I have the time in the world to write this blog entry, let's get to it.

As 2013 came along, only a few days remained on the Christmas break, So, I made the most of the short time remaining by doing important things. It was also during this time, when a huge weight on my shoulders was lifted, which was a great feeling for me, because I know I'll be leaving all the heartbreak of 2012 behind me. Then three days into the new year, it was back to EspaƱa, and I get to see my blockmates and my friends in school again as well as hang out with them during break time, and sometimes after classes. Of course

For the next few weeks, we had to scramble and work hard to get to all our requirements done both at home, in school and on the field. There were plenty of things to do once we came back in school, that is one of the reasons I have not been writing life story blog entries this year until today. 

Also, I made at a time the most difficult (in a sense horrible) decision I had to make in my entire life. When I decided I will not participate in the international tour we are going to have next month. It would have been my first time going out of the Philippines if I came along, however there were a lot of things I had to consider in that decision and it was not the destination I was aiming for. Fortunately, it had a silver lining, turns out it was a good call on my part, so my international travels that I aim for will have to wait. One day, I'll be out exploring the world, but definitely, I have no plans of living outside my beloved homeland the Philippines.

Then came the Preliminary Examinations (Prelims) Week which happened this week, my prelims week lasted only three days from Monday until Wednesday, but we took one exam the week before, and there will be 2 more exams next week. Well, it was a mixed exams week, some were easy, others were just right, and of course there were some that were difficult that literally got D-Rose'd. Also I had to bear the unforgivable mental lapse in some of the tests which cost me some points.

*D-Rose'd - remember when Derrick Rose tore his knee in last year's NBA Playoffs, well that's what I felt (not as if I broke my legs in a basketball game) after that test.

Well as a sports fan, it's been a mixed start to my 2013, the Houston Rockets had a great start to 2013, but they're on a losing streak right now. The Texans lost to the Patriots in the NFL Playoffs, while my bet Rain or Shine got swept by Talk 'n Text in the recently concluded PBA Finals. Well, it's a long year, and there are plenty of things that will happen this year.

Also, early in the year, I tried having an ask.fm account, ask.fm is a new site where people ask people random questions whether it can be about sports, lovelife, life stories and everything else, at first it was good to have that account, however when the questions people wrote on my profile got more foul, I had to close my account forever. As the saying goes "Haters gonna hate." and this has no connection with either Heat forward LeBron James nor singer/rapper Drake.

*Haters gonna hate. - A colloquial saying. It means that people who don't like you will always find a reason to dislike you, no matter how stupid that reason may be. (from UrbanDictionary.com)

  Photo ©Karl Carandang

As my planner for 2013, starts to fill up with stories I have so far over the course the year. Expect, that 2013 will be a great journey worth taking, it's still early into the new year, and the journey rolls on.

"The secret to living the life of your dreams is to start living the life of your dreams today, in every little way you possibly can." - Mike Dooley

A fresh start is upon us.
K-Smoove

No comments:

Post a Comment

You are always welcome and free to comment on our posts whether it is positive or negative.

However, I may delete your comments if these are unwelcoming and detrimental not only to me, but to other people who visit this blog.

Thank you,
K-Smoove