Saturday, February 2, 2013

The busiest month has arrived. Because saying it's the "love month" is too mainstream.

One month in 2013 is in the books, now the month February has arrived. Well, it's the love month as most people would say because of Valentine's Day coming up a few days from now, but in this blog entry, saying that it's the love month is too mainstream. I say, that February will be the busiest month for me.

I rant about it all the time every time this time of the year comes, because Valentine's Day for me is "JUST ANOTHER DAY in my LIFE." Well because, I got no special someone to spend it with. Others may not agree with what I say, but that's how I see things on that day. Ask me a Valentine's Day question and I will not answer. It's my personal choice of doing this every year. So when that day arrives, expect no flowers nor chocolates coming out from me as well as me making a move on a lady, well because I'm not into giving gifts because I don't have enough money with me most of the time. Maybe one day, I could say that it's really the love month, but now it's just too mainstream in my view.

So that's enough of the love talk, like the title says, February will be the busiest month for me. That's because I got a lot of things to do. I'll be joining competitions once again this year, not one, not two, but three! A week from now, we're off to Baguio to compete for a quiz bee as a team (it's also a consolation for me to get some cold weather since I'm not joining my classmates and batchmates who will go to Seoul, South Korea this month) and some of my friends who will also compete in other contests will join along, then a week later we'll be competing again in UP for a Ecotourism quiz bee, it will also be the last time our team over the past year will compete together since both my teammates are graduating this March. Then finally, it's The Big One!, as I will compete at the end of the month in the UFTE Quiz Bee at The Fort. With all of that, I'm now into intense training and preparation every after class until the end of the month to prepare myself for these things. I'm hoping for the best in all the competitions I'll be joining this month. I made this and got some inspiration from shirt designs and slogans of adidas.


Photo ©Karl Carandang

Aside from the competitions I'll be joing this month, I'll also get busy with school work, because there are a lot of requirments to be passed, as well as work on different activities like quizzes, seatworks, assignments, among others. Even projects where I'm the captain, I need to step up my game a notch. It is going to be tough, yet it will be a rewarding experience when it all ends soon.

It was also tough to see one of my great mentors leave before the semester came to an end, well because that mentor was great in their craft, at the same time being an inspiration not only to me, but also to all of the students that this mentor has touched over the years. That lead me to ask the question, "Why do the great mentors leave so early?" I have a lot of mentors throughout my entire life, however there are some who leave their mark and I remember very well of them than others. There are some who can relate to the students, some who have great minds and a lot of wisdom, and some who gave a lot of faith in you over the years. For that mentor, I wish all the best in their future endeavors and I hope to see you soon.

Anyway, this month is also All-Star month as the 2013 NBA All-Star Game comes to the Toyota Center in Houston, Texas. This will be the second time in my lifetime, that I'll see a All-Star game play out in Houston, home of my favorite team the Houston Rockets. I cannot wait to see James Harden play in his first all-star game after a breakout season with the Rockets after the trade from the Thunder before the season began, also a note on Chandler Parsons who will also make an impact in the Rising Stars Challenge.

Well, you can call the month of February anyway you want, but we should remember to make each day count. Time is flying fast these days.

Blessed and loaded for the win!
K-Smoove

No comments:

Post a Comment

You are always welcome and free to comment on our posts whether it is positive or negative.

However, I may delete your comments if these are unwelcoming and detrimental not only to me, but to other people who visit this blog.

Thank you,
K-Smoove