Sunday, June 2, 2013

Windup of the summer. The Final Push begins.

Summer 2013, arguably the last summer vacation I'll experience as a student is in it's conclusion. It's been one nice summer for me. Going to different places like Subic Bay, Antipolo and Batangas to discover good places and have a good time exploring in the open road. I also got the chance to earn some cash along the way with some side jobs I took, my birthday coming along at the end of April, hanging out with my friends in places like SM and TriNoma, and the never ending watch of the 2013 NBA Playoffs as my team the Houston Rockets made a nice but short-lived run in the playoffs including a win in a do or die game on my birthday. Aside from the Rockets, it's been a nice playoffs with upsets and great matchups from the 1st round to the Conference Finals. As we know it will be a great conclusion to the East Finals as the Indiana Pacers and the Miami Heat will battle for the right to face the San Antonio Spurs in the NBA Finals

I also got to meet members of Red Nation (Fans of the Houston Rockets FYI) from all over the world from those living in Texas who are arguably the proudest members of Red Nation in the entire world, as well as those from other places around the world, places like Australia, Taiwan (Jeremy Lin nation), even Norway which my friend there told me has not much of a basketball following like we have here in the Philippines. More on the Rockets, I can't wait for them to come over to the Philippines to play a pre-season game here when they and the Pacers play this October 10 at the Mall of Asia Arena. I will not miss the opportunity to meet the Rockets players like James Harden, Jeremy Lin, Chandler Parsons, Omer Asik, Patrick Beverley and who knows they could bring in a big name in the free agency. Well it will also be fun to meet the Pacers, players like Paul George, David West, Roy Hibbert, George Hill and the rest of this team who have gone all the way to the East Finals against the defending champions and have a shot at going to the NBA Finals.

Well, summer is winding down and "The Final Push" will begin in hours time. The España journey will continue. Two more semesters to work on to complete the mission, a semester of thesis and a semester of practicum. I am as determined as anyone to FINISH STRONG in this last push of my school life before heading out to the field and get a job somewhere along the line. Of course, it will be the last semester I will get to see my blockmates on a regular basis since we'll be off to different ways come the time we take our practicum so I have to make each moment count. 

The journey is about to end, and after it another one begins. It will be one hell of a ride for sure. But just like what I have been doing for the past three years. I'll sit back and enjoy the moments while it lasts. SENIOR YEAR in the words of Mike Goldberg, HERE WE GO!

I also would like to take a moment to remember my CTHM batchmate who passed away last Thursday, John Sinas. Though I never got to meet him more in person when he was around. It's still tough on the heart to see a batchmate pass away early in his life. We hope you are in a better place man in the heaven's above and we will see you again when the time comes.

THE FINAL PUSH STARTS NOW!
K-Smoove

No comments:

Post a Comment

You are always welcome and free to comment on our posts whether it is positive or negative.

However, I may delete your comments if these are unwelcoming and detrimental not only to me, but to other people who visit this blog.

Thank you,
K-Smoove