Friday, March 14, 2014

The Marsman Chronicles.

Well, it's been a long time since I've been able to write on this blog, primarily because of the experience I'll be sharing with you today with this blog entry right now.

Now, why is it called "The Marsman Chronicles", because this entry is about my experience as an practicum trainee (on-the-job trainee) at Marsman Drysdale Travel Inc. at their UST Inplant office inside the Albertus Magnus Building, so yeah for my internship, I never left the building and the UST campus.

It all began in November where 2 weeks after I went there for the interview, I was finally brought in to train there. 2 weeks later, my co-trainee Denise arrived. At first, we learned the basics from telephone etiquette, browsing e-mails of past work, and simple tasks like reorganizing file cases and all those things. Then came the complex part of the work. For the entire course of my internship, I worked on the Mock Tour Guiding from itinerary proposal to calling and replying to suppliers for the trip. I also got to do a little bit of airline reservation like getting into the stream of Galileo and Abacus CRS (computer reservation system). Then I also did a little bit of documentation for passporting (new applicants and renewals) as well as visa processing primarily to South Korea as we had two groups that went there this semester. However, my primary work was being the back office of the in-plant recording transactions on a daily basis as well as using my capabilities at the computer especially in Adobe Photoshop to design ID's and luggage tags which were used on the trip.

Primarily my internship was a great experience for me personally and professionally. It was a fun working environment while there and I enjoyed coming to work every time. However, there were times where it wasn't smooth sailing. There was a time I could have been booted out midway through it all, because of our lack of good performance. But, both of us interns worked our hardest and did a good job as the days passed on!

After 75 working days, the Chronicles came to an end yesterday. So I would first like to thank Mr. Albert Ricacho who was there from the very beginning of my internship until the end, for being a great motivator at the work place. It was fun working with you there. To Ms. Jenny Ylarde for also giving me the inspiration in tough times. To Ms. Lady Lou Pangilinan, once our supervisor for pushing us to do our best at the workplace. As well as to my co-intern Denise, we worked and complimented each other well. Lastly, to the company itself for giving us a complete hands-on experience on the inner workings of the tourism industry.


Photo ©Karl Carandang

It is finished!
K-Smoove

P.S. Sorry I can't share all photos during my internship.

No comments:

Post a Comment

You are always welcome and free to comment on our posts whether it is positive or negative.

However, I may delete your comments if these are unwelcoming and detrimental not only to me, but to other people who visit this blog.

Thank you,
K-Smoove