Sunday, November 4, 2012

Back for some cool air away from the city.

Last Thursday was All Saints Day in the Philippines, it was also the start of a long weekend that will end today. It is the last chance to relax before the start of the second semester of classes tomorrow. So, our family went back to our home province of Batangas. For me, it's my first time coming back since I was unable to go the last time they went back.

Since, it was All Saints Day, we expected a large volume of vehicles along our route. Fortunately for this year, on All Saints Day, traffic was relatively light and fast moving as most people already left prior to the day. We were able to reach our destination Sto. Tomas, Batangas which is my father's hometown in a short amount of time. On All Saints Day, millions of Filipinos take to the cemeteries to visit their departed loved ones. Living up to the day, we visited my departed brother and grandfather from my father's side as well as our relatives on my father's side.

Brother?!? Well, I lost one of my brothers 12 years ago, he died when he was only a year old due to brain tumor. I always remember the short time we spent together, in my prayers.

After the cemetery visit, we went to our grandparents home for the night there. Where I got the one thing I missed badly whenever I go home to the province, the cool air. Since, the place lies on the foot of the mountain and has plenty of trees. It was a very comfortable sleep. Also, it was also a chance for me to catch up with my cousins since I wasn't there the last time my family went back to the province a few weeks ago.

The following day, it was All Souls Day, well it's the day we really remember the souls of our departed loved ones. However, Filipinos view All Saints Day as the most important day to visit. So on that day, we left our grandparents home and went south to the town of Ibaan, my mother's hometown to visit the cemetery there to see my departed grandfather on my mother's side as well as our relatives on my mother's side. The visit was brief, afterwards we went for lunch at my aunt's parents home. Then we left for Alaminos, Laguna to visit the cemetery and the home of one of my relatives. Afterwards, we left the province for Manila.

It was a rewarding visit to say the least. Well, I was dying to visit the province once again. The last time I came back was a very long time ago. I had little or no chance during the school year to visit because of the ton of commitments that I had to fulfill in school. I'm sure we'll be back n the province very soon.

I'm back to my roots.
K-Smoove

No comments:

Post a Comment

You are always welcome and free to comment on our posts whether it is positive or negative.

However, I may delete your comments if these are unwelcoming and detrimental not only to me, but to other people who visit this blog.

Thank you,
K-Smoove