Sunday, June 24, 2012

"I believe in angels. When I know the time is right for me. I'll cross the stream. I have a dream." Thank you for all the music Westlife.

Westlife (Kian, Shane, Nicky, Mark and Bryan)

Westlife, the Irish boyband who for 14 years won the hearts of many fans from all over the world is breaking up for good after their very final concert last night in Ireland.

I remember when I was a little kid growing up with my little brother Andrei, We both listened to a lot of their songs every afternoon when one or more of their songs are on the Top 10 songs for the day.

Songs like Flying Without Wings, I Have A Dream, Swear It Again, My Love, World of Our Own, Seasons in the Sun, If I Let You Go, I Lay My Love on You, When You're Looking Like That, More Than Words, Fool Again, Change the World, You Raise Me Up and a host of other songs over the years. Each and every song made my day better. Even today, I still keep a lot of their songs on my music playlist.

I was more accustomed to their songs when they were a quintet when Bryan was still with the band until 2004. And one of my biggest regrets was never seeing them on concert when they visit the Philippines (the last one was just last year).

Westlife defined my childhood as well as many other people not only in the Philippines but also across the world. It's tough to see you disband for good, but your music will live on with the hearts of all the fans who followed you over the years.

As we bid goodbye to one of the greatest boybands of all-time. I say Thank you for all the memories and all that music which inspired each and every one who we're a part of this journey. You will be missed.

Thank You Westlife!
K-Smoove

No comments:

Post a Comment

You are always welcome and free to comment on our posts whether it is positive or negative.

However, I may delete your comments if these are unwelcoming and detrimental not only to me, but to other people who visit this blog.

Thank you,
K-Smoove