Sunday, June 10, 2012

Sport Junkie Sunday: A heartbreaker. I got a quadruple-whammy on the last day of summer.

Today was a great day for sports for we had great sporting events today. Unfortunately for me. It was a heartbreaking one. Full of defeats.

First it was the Boston Celtics and the Miami Heat in Game 7 of the Eastern Conference Finals  for the right to face the Oklahoma City Thunder in the NBA Finals. The Celtics fought valiantly, but they just came up short as the Heat won the game and the series which sent heartbreak to a lot of Celtics fans including myself and brought joy to the entire Heat Nation. That game could also be the end of the Big 3 era for the Celtics.

Then it was our "Pambansang Kamao" Manny Pacquiao defended his WBO Welterweight Title against Timothy "Desert Storm" Bradley. Pacquiao clearly dominated the match. Unfortunately, he also lost by split decision as the judges scores 115-113, 113-115, 113-115 which broke the hearts of many Filipinos including myself and brought out the jeers from those who watched the match in Las Vegas and around the world. Knowing the fact, he dominated the match.

Finally, it was the Shakey's V-League Finals Game 3 between the UST Tigresses and the Ateneo Lady Eagles. UST went down 0 sets to 2, but fought back valiantly and gained the next 2 sets to send the game to a deciding 5th set. But their efforts came up short as the Lady Eagles won the set 15-13 on their way to the championship.

So yes. This day was full of heartbreak for me. I know there are a lot of other sporting events to see like Petron going up against Ginebra in the PBA Governor's Cup (I'm rooting for Petron). In tennis, Novak Djokovic going up against Rafael Nadal and the 2012 Canadian Grand Prix in Formula 1 with Sebastian Vettel in pole position (I'm rooting for McLaren, Lewis and Jenson).


Despite these great sporting events to see. My heart sank at a all-time low. Plus one other thing outside of sports that sank my heart. It could take me a long time to get my mojo back. Especially, these all happened on the last day of my summer. It's a tough pill to swallow for me. I believe when the right time comes. I'll be back in my old cheerful self.

So I give my kudos to the Boston Celtics that despite the criticism stacked against them, they fought with resiliency and got this far deep in the playoffs. To Manny Pacquiao who despite losing in an upset, he's a great sport, and I can't wait for their rematch and I hope this fight comes clean, and to the UST Tigresses who never gave up despite the hole they got in early in the match.


My first day of classes is tomorrow as is with my PEEPS at CTHM, I don't know if I'll be fine when I come along, but hey I can't wait to see my PEEPS there, and I got to stay focused for I'm hoping to bounce back for myself after a mixed last semester.


My heart sank BIG. But get ready for the "Return of the Comeback. For Real."
K-Smoove

No comments:

Post a Comment

You are always welcome and free to comment on our posts whether it is positive or negative.

However, I may delete your comments if these are unwelcoming and detrimental not only to me, but to other people who visit this blog.

Thank you,
K-Smoove