Wednesday, April 25, 2012

The brotherhood remains. MERALCO is a brotherhood.

Photo ©John Daniel Item

Last night, I went to my friend Gelo's house (PEEP at the center wearing blue) together with my PEEPS from high school to celebrate his birthday. His birthday has been known somewhat as a annual reunion of the troupe since we graduated 2 years ago since his birthday falls on a time where all of us are on summer break and the fact we have varying school calendars. Some who came I have seen not too long ago like the birthday boy who studies in the same university as I am, while some I hadn't seen for a long time.

I was very happy to see these guys again. This brotherhood has been around for four years beginning at our 3rd year in Claret until today, though I admit I wasn't present at all times then, it's good that we still keep in touch even if we are on different paths right now in our lives.

Well, this was also a time to catch up with what has happened to us since we last met from our college lives to current issues, and reminisce good/funny memories (some of which dark memories) when we were at high school from the PE experiences to the funny jokes/pranks back then. I remember that we have unique laughs. One laugh would trigger laughs from the other. One good joke will trigger the whole troupe laughing. One poor joke would trigger the jeers "Weh!". I remember when my friend Nur said I was handsome yet it triggered the "Weh!" jeer (Even I myself said it.) But hey, I believe that everyone is handsome no matter what the state a person has in his life. Well on my part I also did a flashback move from back in my 2nd year high school which I call the "You!-Boomshakalaka!-Hamboogle" move. Where I start with a Soulja Boy You!, then I shout Boomshakalaka! up in the sky, and end saying Hamboogle! with my head shaking, and of course I cap with a little dance. It was somehow my birthday gift to Gelo as he and the rest of the troupe had not seen it in a while. It was also a chance to plan our future outings. Yes, we are a happy troupe to say the least.

So once again, we thank Gelo for the great party last night. My PEEP Jadri who lives near my home for the ride back home. To my other MERALCO PEEPS Airam, Francis, JL, Centi, Aldrin, Philip, Nur, JD, Baña, Josh, Edison, Junji, and Agi. Thanks for the great time guys! Until then, enjoy the ride.

"The opportunity for brotherhood presents itself every time you meet a human being." - Jane Wyman

"Above all things let us never forget that mankind constitutes one great brotherhood; all born to encounter suffering and sorrow, and therefore bound to sympathize with each other." - Albert Pike

K-Smoove

No comments:

Post a Comment

You are always welcome and free to comment on our posts whether it is positive or negative.

However, I may delete your comments if these are unwelcoming and detrimental not only to me, but to other people who visit this blog.

Thank you,
K-Smoove