Saturday, April 14, 2012

A collection worth reading in my free time.

 Photo ©Karl Carandang

In my room, there are a lot of reading materials stacked in my side book shelf. From school papers to travel guides. My book shelf is loaded with a lot of materials. Yet one thing I am proud of sharing is my collection of airline magazines from different airlines around the world.



Photo ©Karl Carandang

Believe it or not, I have been collecting airline magazines since I was 6 years old. Every time my mother or some of my relatives fly to different places, I always make the point of asking for airline magazines to bring back home with them. I haven't flown out of the Philippines. But I had flown on a airplane on two separate occasions. Both of them flying from Manila to Cebu then back again to Manila. The first one was in 2004 with my mother and the second one was last September with my classmates and batchmates at the University of Santo Tomas as part of our Domestic Tour subject.

My airline magazine collection contains different issues starting from 1992 (2 years before my birth) until today. I have issues from local airlines like the Phillipine Airlines' Mabuhay and Cebu Pacific's Smile. As well as issues from foreign airlines like Singapore Airlines' Silverkris, KLM's Holland Herald, Thai Airways' Sawasdee, Malaysia Airlines' Going Places, Cathay Pacific's Discovery and a host of other foreign airline magazines even the old Northwest Airlines' WorldTraveler.

Most of the time, I was only interested with the route maps that each airline have and I take time to look at each and every one of them. Because I'm a person who can't get enough of reading maps. Right now, I also take time to read the articles that can be found in each issue of these airline magazines for they are useful right now in my study of Travel Management at the University of Santo Tomas. I have learned a lot of different stories from every issue of airline magazines I can grasp and read upon, and some of the things I have learned from reading has been useful whenever we discuss topics on subjects related to travel and tourism.

This airline magazine collection I have is one of my prides of joy, I enjoy collecting and reading airline magazines, and by the time I am able to fly to different places around the world through the different airlines out there. I'll be ready to take home these airline magazines on my future flights in and out of the Philippines.

“No one realizes how beautiful it is to travel until he comes home and rests his head on his old, familiar pillow.” – Lin Yutang

"To travel is to take a journey into yourself. " - Danny Kaye

K-Smoove

No comments:

Post a Comment

You are always welcome and free to comment on our posts whether it is positive or negative.

However, I may delete your comments if these are unwelcoming and detrimental not only to me, but to other people who visit this blog.

Thank you,
K-Smoove