Monday, April 30, 2012

The once in a year spectacle. This time I'm now legal.

On April 30, 1994, a dude from Quezon City was born. 18 years later, he's now a legal gentleman. Today, I celebrate my 18th birthday. At this age, I can now vote for the elections in 2013 and I am entitled to a lot of other privileges as a proud Filipino citizen.

To celebrate the occasion, I decided to throw a simple house party in my humble home. Together with my family and friends. My friends in my neighborhood came as well as some of my classmates in college. Unfortunately some of them were unable to join the party for personal commitments. I don't blame them for being unable to come, because these are commitments they need to fulfill.




We had lasagna, fried chicken, a birthday cake and ice cream for the occasion while enjoying the beats from some of my favorite tunes from artists/bands like Parokya ni Edgar, Westlife, Rivermaya and many of my favorite songs. My home turned into a computer shop as they were playing computer games along the way.

Well to cap the afternoon, I went out to buy my favorite Starbucks Frappucino® Coffee Jelly in Venti size and saved 50% from the original price as it was the first day of the Happy Frappucino Hour, and for the first time, I used the name "K-Smoove" on my cup. 


Another year has come and pass. It was also a time for me to look back at what has happened for the past 18 years of my existence. Even though I grow another year older, I will continue to be the dude who lives a fun, fulfilling, friendly and simple life. A dude who has no vices. The guy who is addicted to basketball, travel, anime and many other things. I will continue to be a steward to my family and PEEPS. I'll always be "The Walking GPS".


Okay then, I am happy to say to each and everyone.
THANK YOU!
MARAMING SALAMAT PO!
DANKE SCHÖN!
MERCI BEAUCOUP!
ありがとう!
 
I like to thank my family for putting up the feast today, as well as to my 2nd street PEEPS for coming over today and enjoy another birthday with me. To two of my TROPA-Guise PEEPS Deece and Ryan (who came all the way from the south of the metro) for coming over to my place. Though we were not complete, we had a lot of fun today.

I like to thank the PEEPS who greeted me via text on my cellphone, greeted me on my Facebook by wall post or PM, tweets on my Twitter. I hope to meet you guys in person very soon (especially my batchmates around UST) and to see the PEEPS who I haven't seen in a very long time.

To my birthday-mates Albie, Peter, Camille, Mapps and CJ. I'm sure we had a good one on our birthday celebrations.

And most importantly, I would like to THANK GOD for the blessings I have received in the 18 years of my existence in this world. I wish for more HAPPY BIRTHDAYS to come in the future.

Photos ©Karl Carandang

I FEEL BLESSED AND THANKFUL!
K-Smoove

No comments:

Post a Comment

You are always welcome and free to comment on our posts whether it is positive or negative.

However, I may delete your comments if these are unwelcoming and detrimental not only to me, but to other people who visit this blog.

Thank you,
K-Smoove